1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Such a great song.

Octave likes this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think the goal is to get him to flee the country and live in exile. He can’t be president while living in Russia. Or live on a boat ala L Ron Hubbard.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But ... must ... sell ... books.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Unlimited challenges for cause.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Challenges to potential jurors not witnesses.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I think he has dirt on some, so everyone goes along.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think you're overlooking the "preponderance of Tweets" doctrine.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Meh.

I hope you're standing by to vote Democrat, because you recognize he can't be allowed to be President again.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I lose no sleep over my voting (and donating) track record re: Trump.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

And I believe you (not that you need me to, of course).

But he's going to run in 2024. The GOP is going to nominate him.

And the country is counting on the sane Conservatives at that point to stand up and say, "No," even while the YankeeFans are explaining how serious the case of MS is, and while the Old Tonys are explaining the Soros-funded plot to install a CRT king.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Stop reading crazy parts of the internet. You’ll feel better.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

As a break from from talking about Trump I am going to post this on the political thread. Gannett is laying people off today. I know a sixty plus someone someone who has been at what is now a Gannett paper for several decades. I don't know if he got fired today of not. I am sure there are people in similar situations in the economy who do get axed in their early sixties..

The political angle is this. Initially the Democrats wanted to move Medicare eligibility to 60. Why did the Dems ever drop this without forcing a vote? This would be a godsend to people who lost their jobs after 60. I also have never anyone who was upset at age 65 to go off their private insurance onto Medicare, if for no other reason than to stop paying the employee contribution of their private medical insurance.

I would think this could get the Dems a lot of votes. One portion would be from their base and they would also get votes from swing voters in their late 50's and early 60's who either have poor insurance or are scared they lose it. I realize that someone who lost a job at Gannett can get insurance through COBRA but I don't think many people, including Gannett employees have saved up enough money to ride out unemployment and pay COBRA.

What am I missing?

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted