1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Has Trump condemned the horrific act of violence against federal agents?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Like you I arrange things so that I rarely get a refund ... generally I try to owe 'em a little ... but 2021 was unusual for me. Also ... I tried to file electronically, but the IRS had yet to process my 2020 return (they'd cashed that check post haste, though).

maumann likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I had a double whammy last year. Despite putting 19% into the 401(k) for the first 5.5 months of the year, I was laid off in June, and no 401(k) was taken out of five months of severance pay. I started the new job in early July but was not eligible for 401(k) contribution until Jan. 1.

So for four months I had two incomes and no 401(k) contributions. I was actually expecting worse than the $1,400 I owed.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

People need to stop giving airtime to Jason Miller and Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon and Rudy Giuliani.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Competent lawyers have a thing about getting paid, of course. And current counsel is probably still in the "keep sucking up to him" phase.

7. HanSenSE

The IRS was one of the agencies closed during the government shutdown. I was making payments on an offer in compromise at the time. My checks weren't getting cashed and had no idea of how much I owed. Finally got ahold of someone in my Congressman's office to get some answers.

8. HanSenSE

And that one is LONG GONE!

maumann likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

One of the useful idiots who'll catch a charge. ETTD.

Draft saved Draft deleted