1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm positive he meant Wegmans. And you're absolutely right: He's not getting those veggies for that price at Wegmans.

matt_garth likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I knew it wasn't a Wegman's from the cases and the signs and how things were grouped. So then the question was, "Where the hell is he?"

A little google-doodling, and I can say with pretty good certainty it is a PA chain called "Redner's." (the pictures match up with their signs).

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I'd bet he hasn't been in a grocery store in at least a decade before they shot that video...

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Big “how dare they charge me this much for diesel for my F350 that is never loaded down or taken off road” energy.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I would bet he was in Karn’s.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A hundred bucks says Oz made sure to bring his ID because he heard Trump say you need one to buy groceries.

Webster, matt_garth and lakefront like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Figured a dude from Turkey running in Pennsylvania as a candidate for a 'Merican party would continue the bird theme and shop at Giant Eagle.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Some of those prices he's citing seem high even for Safeway.

Wonder if he'll pull a Jessica Simpson on Chicken of the Sea?

garrow likes this.
  9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I knew I'd seen this before .... John Oliver did a bit on this in April. Hopefully the video link works for you Yanks as it's blocked here in Canuckistan.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I've been to Wegner's, actually.

Just last week we decided to prepare some Terrine of Foie Gras, and I headed over to Wegner's at the last minute to grab some offal. I figured I'd also pick up some truffles, yamashita spinach and la bonnotte potatoes to whip up something for a little soiree we were having.

I couldn't believe the prices in Joe Biden's America.

How are us regular, hard-working Pennsylvanians supposed to get by?

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

This is the dumbest caper ever, the theft of these documents. And that's all he really is, a common thief.

Draft saved Draft deleted