1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Machine Head-

It's preposterous of course, but end-of-summer fairs are a huge deal in Pennsylvania.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Oh, I get it, same around these parts.

I've just aged out of the demo. I enjoyed in it the 70s and 80s. Now, I guess I'm just an old, cranky fucker.

And I believe that's the woman who took Pelosi's laptop. She bought the ticket, she gets to take the ride.

OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The leader of the party of law and order has thoughts on law and order

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Banned because the Christians banning the book are upset the Nazis lose in the end?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Facts are a buncha bullshit ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That district pulled any book from the library that a parent had expressed concern about last school year or said they didn't want their kid reading without parental supervision. Among the other books they pulled off the shelf. ... The bible.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I spent a lot of time at the public library as a kid. I don’t ever remember even glancing at the books in the school library. The culture wars fight over a school library always seemed strange to me in that light.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

They put it/them "on review" ... there's a process they go through ... some books go back, some stay off. The "Diary of ..." and "The Bible," among many others, are in that process. Should they be? Do I support that? Hell no. But this shit of just posting bullshit tweet after bullshit tweet without EVER checking one fucking thing out and NEVER occasionally saying, "After further review, Tweet No. 643 of yesterday's output turned out to be not quite true" ... that shit's downright Trumpian.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Me too.

Parents think the schools are trying to pull shit with their kids, and there a ton of, uh, "reporters," willing to feed that narrative.

And schools are poorly equipped to respond. They just are. Laws, combined with the nature of your garden variety school administrator, has made schools naturally, bureaucratically slow to respond to almost any complaint - be it from the left or right - and that thoughtful pause makes it seem like schools are hiding something. When, they're probably not.

Sea Bass likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I hear you. In my time (adjusts glasses like Mitchie McConnell) I was Roy Hobbs knocking down those soda bottles at the carnival.
    Now I just want to go home to listen to the game in my batcave.

OscarMadison and Machine Head like this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Again, the phrase 'of all people' comes to mind.

The ‘QAnon Queen’ Told Her Followers to Arrest Cops. It Didn’t Go Well.

'People on a mission to arrest cops on behalf of the self-proclaimed “QAnon Queen of Canada” ended up being violently arrested themselves instead.'

'Didulo’s ideology is wide-ranging and at times esoteric. Alongside typical QAnon conspiracies, she claims to be an alien-adjacent being willing to share advanced medical technology with her followers. She also espouses the pseudo-legal sovereign citizen ideology, which convinces its adherents that the government has no control over them and became prominent during the COVID-conspiracy movement. Currently, she’s on a never-ending tour of Canada with her “staff” in a group of RVs, either rented, bought, or gifted by her fans.'

“Stand down, police! You’re under arrest,” yelled one man at the cops arresting his friend in front of him.

'Didulo has also advised her followers to stop paying their utility bills—because she decreed they were now free—and many of her followers are getting their power and water shut off. As they beg their queen for help, she ignores them.'

And of course... “A gentle reminder that Her Royal Majesty Queen Romana Didulo Commander-in-Chief and Queen of the Kingdom of Canada was in Peterborough Ontario yesterday as an observer NOT participant,” she wrote Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted