1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Seconded.

There are a handful of events or places I think explain America pretty well. A big State Fair - Ohio, Minnesota, Texas, etc - is one of them.

Been a steady attendee at Minnesota since 1975. Seeing the 4H kids asleep in the stalls next to their animals is a profound insight into the richness of ag life, and into the tension between love and husbandry and business. Hard to understand the passions and contradictions of farming until you do.

That, and the deep-fried Oreos.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

One man engineered a takeover of the Supreme Court incrementally over 25 years. The other stared into an eclipse. I wonder which vision will play out better over time.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Top 3 Mystery Science Theatre short at minimum.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm betting anyone who dabbled in higher education is not highly regarded at the Kentucky State Fair. (And I'd say the same if Pennsylvania had a state fair.)

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hey, c'mon. She's not a beard, or a merkin. She's a whore!

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I also get mailings that are nasty challenges to contribute money. I want to write FUCK YOU and mail it back in their post-paid envelope so they have to pay the postage. As they say, every little bit helps.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You ever hear of 4-H? Just who/what do you think oversees/administers it at the state and local level?

OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  9. Slacker

Only one had a workable brain, but I hope history scorns them both for being evil, contagious assholes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Duct tape it to a brick.

HanSenSE and ChrisLong like this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

“Cult 45” made me laugh.

Not exactly what Billy Dee Williams had in mind when he made those ads!

maumann likes this.
  12. Slacker

Don't open it. Just write RETURN TO SENDER and put it back in your mailbox, red flag up.

That way, I think, they get billed for the returned postage. And, in time, they will dump you from the mailing list.

I think that's how it works. Anyone know better?

(Feel free, though, to write RETURN TO SENDER/FUCK YOU! ... Actually, I encourage it.)

Gutter and ChrisLong like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted