1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As brilliant as John Fetterman's campaign has been, I wasn't crazy about this. I don't know how much poor-mouthing he can do when he's been sniping away at Oz for two months. Sure, another dumb move by the Oz camp. But Fetterman could have stayed above the fray on this one.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This isn’t an episode of the West Wing, staying above the fray doesn’t work in trumperica.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He's kind of right.

Everyone is THINKING that. But it's a really bad look when his opponent SAYS it.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Totally agree he's kind of right. I just have a level of distaste for it when he's been slicing this idiot up with a thousand paper cuts over recent weeks.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Vegetarians have strokes too. In fact,

Risks of ischaemic heart disease and stroke in meat eaters, fish eaters, and vegetarians over 18 years of follow-up: results from the prospective EPIC-Oxford study

Conclusions In this prospective cohort in the UK, fish eaters and vegetarians had lower rates of ischaemic heart disease than meat eaters, although vegetarians had higher rates of haemorrhagic and total stroke.

So bad doctor not only makes bad joke, but bad diagnosis.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

“I like Senatorial candidates who don’t have strokes, okay?”

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One of my closest friends from high school had a stroke in her mid-20s that was the result of being on the birth control patch. But everyone keep telling me their dieting suggestions.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Jim Fixx dropped dead of a heart attack at age 52 while he was running
    Guy at my office had a stroke in his 20s
    Could happen anytime to anyone

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Of course vegetarians have strokes. As do thin people. Being obese isn't the only thing that can congtribute to a stroke or heart attack.

That said (you did the obligatory post) ... Fetterman weighs more than 400 pounds. So when he has a stroke (and he himself said he should have taken his health more serious), of course nearly everyone had the thought. It doesn't mean he deserved to almost die. It does mean that someone who weighs more than 400 pounds may have contributed to his health problems by not eating well.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and Azrael like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted