1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I don't demand 100% fealty. I just find that particular post amusing considering the person posting it.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Warren voted in line with Trump 15.5% of the time.
    Cory Booker voted in line with Trump 16.0% of the time.
    Bernie Sanders voted in line with Trump 16.1% of the time.
    Kamala Harris voted in line with Trump 16.4% of the time.
    Tulsi Gabbard voted in line with Trump 20.1% of the time (and only 12.1% in 116th Congress, lower than Warren's 23.3%).
    Amy Klobuchar voted in line with Trump 26.7% of the time.
    Beto O'Rourke voted in line with Trump 30.1% of the time.

But Tulsi's the MAGA. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I totally agree. But Begala wasn't arguing that. He argued that it was an election "loser."
    There is principled opposition - and there is the all too common, "we can't do that because the Republicans will say nasty things about us. Begala said it was a "loser" issue, not that it was a bad idea. Good policy is often bad politics, and the reverse is usually true as well. The thing is, a lot of these folks struggling to pay off their college debt are making working class wages with a college degree.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will only say this. On Super Tuesday, 1992 in Kissimmee at an Astros-Red Sox spring training game, Bill Clinton showed up. He told the fans he had been an Astros fan in Arkansas. I met Begala and asked, "weren't most people his age Cardinals fans in Arkansas, since the Astros didn't exist until 1962?" Begala told me, a SPORTSWRITER, with a sly grin, "there are more electoral votes in Texas than Missouri." Guy thought his candidate lying about what baseball team he rooted for as a kid, which to me was sociopathy personified, was smart politics. Of course I couldn't put it in the Herald fast enough. Didn't keep Clinton out of the White House, but it did give me an abiding suspicion of Begala's political acumen.

7. Regan MacNeil

If only there were other ways to measure party loyalty than "votes with xxx," you disingenuous puppet.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A lot of people took out federal loans to train as cosmetologists and diesel mechanics too.

wicked likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Two prominent Democrat president economic advisers. New York representatives. Real blue dogs.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  12. Regan MacNeil

1A worthy.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted