1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

C67C4420-323F-4F9B-8DA1-7AB31180BF55.jpeg

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If he was governor back then, I’m pretty sure he would have been in support of candles and lanterns over electricity.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its all well and good, but these states will need to find a way to replace the gas tax money and also find the money to expand charging stations.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Governor Beach Chair did the impossible and managed to get voters to approve an increase in the state gas tax -- a sacred cow -- obstensibly to fund highway improvements that were to have been funded from purloined gas taxes years ago. I used to laugh at people from Long Island, the way it ate money. I'm not laughing anymore.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My point wasn't really about electric cars. It was about one party reversing whatever the other party did, then the the first party reinstating it whenever they regain control.
    Electric cars, marijuana, abortion, what to each in school, etc. will be like pingpong.
    States will have to develop apps just so their residents will know what's the law on any given day.

HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In bookstores now

[​IMG]

maumann, matt_garth, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hasn't that always been the case, though? That's why most laws take place immediately - Because if they prove to be popular, or don't really effect things that much, they won't be overturned. Legal pot and sports gambling aren't going away in any of the places they've been approved. Yeah, the current VA governor is going to overturn this edict from his predecessor, but if Dems had kept that seat, the state would be 4 to 6 years down the road toward conversion. I honestly don't know if California's legislation is feasible in the time frame, but I suspect it is, given how many carmakers are now pursuing electrical vehicles.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The guy never made it out of the ninth grade. How was he to know plagiarism is wrong?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The GOP: the most trusted name in coups

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I’m more partial to The Grifter at the End of This Book.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler, a career conman, given the ultimate levers of power for his own enrichment.

Every day he laughs so hard he wets his pants, knowing he won't spend a single day in prison.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure it's always been the case, but I just seeing it getting a lot worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted