1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think people like this can say, we own the Supreme Court and the Federal appeals courts for a generation, we killed abortion and we got every tax break we hoped for. We are gerrymandered at the state level for a generation and the Congress is a toss up each and every election, disproportionately in favor of the hard right. Trump isn’t worth the trouble anymore. We don’t have bury, we just have to condescend to his ego. They know trump doesn’t want to work, he doesn’t even want to do what it takes to campaign. They’ll just slowly patronize and ignore him.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The invasion of a billion drug mules in the caravan from South America’s cartels.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll preface with my belief that pretty much all cable news networks should be fired into the sun.

I'm aware of the money now controlling CNN (John Malone). I don't know how it all played out, or the timeline, but Chris Licht seems like an odd choice to lead a right-turn at CNN, coming off being the show runner for Stephen Colbert.

I also don't see how this is going to add right-leaning viewers who have been conditioned over the past 20-plus years to hate CNN.

None of this makes sense, other than for Malone to try to get out "BOTH SIDES-SIM" on another platform.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    OscarMadison, vicd and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

CBS had a mandatory retirement age then. That was at the end of the era where that was a thing.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wondering what the Outrage Meter on Fox and Friends was today. In theory, it should have been the highest on record. That damned Libruhl Biden directly criticized the Fox viewing klan. I can't imagine a bigger cause for Trumpist angst.

At this point, self-styled conservatives or libertarians or any other faction that hates libruhls needs to STFU for a while and allow this storm to pass. You don't get a pass for claiming to oppose Trump. There is nothing the evil libruhls can accomplish that would be nearly as destructive to the country as the continued relevance of Trumpism.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don’t think he was cramping up. I think he just fucked with Lendl to throw him off his game.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

CNN has more unlikable on-air talent than the other networks. That is just my opinion.

Jeffrey Lord was a highly visible CNN commentator. He's been seen with one of the joke networks of late.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Insert "we gotta badass on our hands" gif about here ...

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The best of the best at CNN: Poppy Harlow, Laura Coates, Jim Sciuto, Abby Phillip.

Draft saved Draft deleted