1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

With any luck it'll rain in SWB and Fat Orange Hitler will be electrocuted.

Jesus_Muscatel and wicked like this.
  2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

More recently it's been Ron Duguay putting it in the 5 hole.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is why Republicans shouldn’t get a pass just for claiming they don’t love Trump. They all love DeathSentence, who is allegedly violating a conservative principle: local control of education. The best guvmint is the guvmint closest to the people, etc.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Last week

garrow and matt_garth like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

GOP: Biden is senile.
    Also GOP: Vote for this guy.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't get this. "All love" is not remotely true. As I have stated before, there is a large contingent of conservatives whom have no care for what the Republican Party has become.

Their opinions should not be dismissed simply because of Trump.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But the only way that means anything is not to vote for the candidates they nominate. Since the Liz Cheneys and her ilk will always get primaried.

And that won't happen, because Gorsuch/Kavanaugh/Barrett > lib justice/lib justice/lib justice

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

My point is more that conservative political thought should not be dismissed out of hand because some idea that Trump is a representative of it.
    The politics of it are different, but the distinction in the two issues should be understood.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Large contingent. Yes, in raw numbers 10 million is a lot. But it’s only 1/7th of the republicans. George Will conservatives in the Republican Party are closer to 10%. Republicans didn’t sit 2020 out, they voted strongly for trump.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Then they need to figure out a way to get their party back from the fascists. I don’t disagree with you — Trumpists are a lot of things, but conservative isn’t one of them. However, the conservatives to whom you’re referring have lost their party.

Draft saved Draft deleted