1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"It's funny. All that excitement over the special master--classified documents business made us forget your responsibility for January 6th. You did more damage than Spectre. Welcome, Donald. It's been a long time. But finally, here we are. What took you so long? Coup coup!"

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I didn’t realize he grew up in Wilmington.

I was more talking about the “Gotcha!” video that makes it seem like Pennsylvania ends at the Philly line.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Oz grew up in Wilmington? That's Brandon country, pal!

dixiehack and heyabbott like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wonder at what point one of the alphabet organizations tells the judge and Trump's lawyer's: "We'll decide who will see the documents and who won't."
    Courts, blah, blah. This isn't a random case. The whole point is unauthorized people getting access to classified material. If it comes to it, move it out of the courts and to a tribunal.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Librul media!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    matt_garth likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wilmington isn't PA. And Oz is a carpetbagger. But Wilmington is literally about 10 minutes from the Pennsylvania border. There are a lot of people who commute from Delaware to work in Philly.

The thing about Oz is, from what I have seen is Fetterman has been hammering him on being an elite, being a celebrity, being a rich man who has homes all over the place and lives in New Jersey, not PA. So he played right into Fetterman's hands, as he keeps on doing.

I think whoever is running Fetterman's campaign has done a masterful job of keeping the conversation pointed that way.

My opinion is that the only people who suffer for it are the people of PA who are being given a choice between those two clowns. And of course, the people of the U.S., because one of them is going to be a U.S. Senator.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why is Fetterman a clown?

vicd likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What did she know, and when did she know it?

The November 2020 email from an anguished Fox News news producer to colleagues sent up a flare amid a fusillade of false claims.

The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify then-President Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him. The existence of the email, confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of it, is first publicly disclosed by NPR in this story. Fox News declined comment.​

I have no idea why this board won’t let me post National Public Radio links. What’s up with that, moderators and staff?

At any rate, the story is at NPR.

garrow likes this.
  9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Are they putting any focus on the scam products oz sold over the years?

tea and ease and OscarMadison like this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't watched that closely. But I am not sure calling him a quack and a charlatan would resonate with the mass of idiot humanity that will be deciding this election, as much as painting him as a carpetbagger. Those ads are trying to essentially get crossover of people who voted for Trump, and if they didn't think Trump was a con artist, they are not going to care that Oz was happy to put his name on magic weight loss pills and Covid cures for a buck. My sense it is that painting him as "rich guy from NJ" is an effective way to keep hammering him, with the caveat that I usually don't have my finger on the pulse of what works in political campaigns anymore.

Fred siegle, dixiehack and lakefront like this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Hör auf, den schüchternen Nazi-Jungen zu spielen.

matt_garth likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted