1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fetterman may be a bit of a side show, but he seems to have genuine interest in being a decent public servant. If the look is what gets him in office and he supports progressive politics, more power to him. I'd be more concerned with him nearly dying a few months back.

Slacker, sgreenwell and dixiehack like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Is Fetterman a clown? He's doing something that we bitch about Democrats not doing, he's meeting every single one of the Oz's dumbass moves and stupid MAGA talking points with an engaging, funny response.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Complete clown. He wrote an op ed saying he will prosecute business excutives of companies he thinks are charging too much (among other immoral and destructive "ideas" he's espoused).

Their View: To support working Pennsylvanians, we need to hold Washington accountable | Times Leader

The fact that that someone like that is actually a major-party candidate for the Senate is indicative of several things: 1) Just how fucking stupid America has become, 2) How easily seduced people are now (more than ever) by populist messages (whether it was Trump or people like Fetterman, and they swing wildly between them -- scapegoating others for why their lives suck or being seduced by Santa Claus politicians who have easy [and destructive] answers), and 3) Just how sad the other party has become. When Mehmet Oz is the best you can put up for a U.S. Senate seat in the fifth most populous state in the country, it actually makes someone like this (yes) clown a viable candidate.

But I agree with you. He, or whoever he has brought in, has run a pretty good campaign. The tweets, ads, etc. have been funny, even if Oz is a ridiculously easy target and it's been a bit like putting a mallet to a watermelon. But they have executed, for sure.

Webster, OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Should we license clowns?

Currently, there is no legislation in the U.S. that requires clowns to get any background check or license

Many clowns are unregulated, hired by parents to perform at their children's birthday parties or other events through online listings or newspaper advertisements. Regulation of these clowns would be a lot tougher.

So, should we have to license clowns, and create some new clown laws? Most experts seem to be divided on the issue.

OscarMadison, Woody Long and Mngwa like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Only took two years for that video to surface.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He fucked around. Now he’s finding out.

lakefront and garrow like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"One of my judges — you know, they're great judges — he saw this warrant and he knew everything was rigged. I tried to drain the swamp and now they're coming after me, Biden's boys. Why aren't they looking for Hunter's laptop? They're worried about putting my friends in prison. Rudy — he's a great guy. Mike Lindell — he gave me a bunch of pillows for the Lincoln Bedroom. I love the guy."

Ok, that's a horrible attempt, but I'm bored and needed a two-minute distraction at work.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted