1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I understand that Hillary feels the need to defend herself, but I also kinda wish that she’d just stop responding and stay quiet.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I agree, knowing when not to speak is a talent. None of these nimrods have it.

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Dark Brandon is the best version.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn’t know he was an environmentalist.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He used biodegradable crayons for the publication?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She really has zero political instincts. She has enough friendlies in the press to put out a story about the differences in the Trump and Clinton cases. Imagine if Al Gore kept tweeting about the 2000 election?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The best thing Al Gore ever did was go underground for five or 10 years.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He wasn't exactly underground, but Gore became a single-issue advocate, issue being climate change, and that just didn't get much attention after 9/11, then the start of the Iraq War.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Observation:
    For several years I have started class every period by showing CNN 10, a 10-minute news broadcast geared for students. It follows a daily formula of news, some sort of tech/business/environmental feature, and closes with something silly. The kids love it.
    I've had a couple of yahoos ask me from time to time when we were going to watch Fox. I told them Fox didn't have this kind of program because they aren't interested in informing young people.
    CNN has been taken over.
    CNN 10 was supposed to return for the school year Aug. 22, then it got delayed until Sept. 6 (today), and now their site says sometime in September.
    Y'all think it's been yanked along with other CNN programming/personnel?

Draft saved Draft deleted