1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

America’s Mayor!

garrow likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Doctor Osama agrees

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

At what point do some of the big name mainstays at CNN jump ship?
    There is no way all of them can just go along with the heel turn.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’d guess more than a few are trying to hold on until spring and see if the ratings crater badly enough that this management crew goes the way of New Coke.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Jake Tapper appears to have choked on any integrity he may have had.

DanielSimpsonDay and Driftwood like this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I’ve been going back and forth with someone who thinks Ashli Babbitt was murdered.

When I point out that if she got through the window she would have let in the mob and people would have been killed they point out that there were police officers in the crowd on the same side of the window as the mob who didn’t feel the the need to shoot her.

I can’t get past that. How do you counter it? Should I just concede that maybe her shooting was unjustified?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This should get a ton more play than it’s getting. I don’t know if Rudy was that senile or that drunk to just roll with it.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One question is if you can see these alleged cops on the same side of the door as the aspiring killer. I don't remember and I'd rather not see the video again.
    If there are, in fact, cops on the aspiring killer's side of the door, isn't it reasonable to guess that there are several people up against the door and it would be hard to pick out which is the biggest threat? On the other side of the door, however, the cops know what the deal is. They see one person breaking in, and they know if that person is allowed to keep going, the elected officials they are protecting might be seriously injured or worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted