1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Please tell me you tried the pizza with fresh homemade pizza base and kebabs

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Culver's is fantastic. The burgers are great, the fries are great, if you want to go nuts with cheese curds or frozen custard, it's right there, and they actually have some fairly decent alternatives if you're not into a burger, like a couple of soups, a pretty good pot roast dinner or some different (pot roast, pork tenderloin, etc.) sandwiches. Thankfully the only one in my town is way up the hill by the mall or I'd be dead by now. It's very Midwestern, so I think the chicken sandwich is like the one spicy thing on the menu, but yeah, Zimmern's got a point.

They don't say when Lindell got popped, but Hardee's still does breakfast pretty well. There's one on my way out of town toward my parents' house and I always make sure I can get an ultimate omelet biscuit or two for the road. Haven't had their burgers and fries in some time but even with the stupid and sexist advertising they had for most of the 2000s, the food itself at least looked appetizing.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Machine Head

Culver's came into the market here 25? years ago and I've never had luck with the burgers. It's been a while so I'll give it another go.

I did like the frozen custard.

I heard Larry King tell the Sandy Kofax / Carvel's story live back in the day.

Is Carvel's custard, asks flyover land dude.

6. Machine Head

I couldn't even tell you where there is a Hardee's in MSP.

Used to be one in Eagan.

Edit: Eagan looks to be gone but there are two in MSP:

All Hardee's Locations in MN

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Now I'm curious, so I went to the web. It appears there are more Hardee's in the Iron Range (Virginia and Hibbing, plus Grand Rapids if you count them but I don't?) then there are in the metro, which appears to be one in St. Paul a couple blocks from Concordia and Minnesota United's stadium.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Aren't they now just Carl's Jr?

There was a Hardee's on Parham Road near Three Chopt Tech. Probably went there at least 2-3 times a week between 9-10 p.m. my freshman year in the dorms.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Sam speaks the truth.

10. Machine Head

Zip in MN it seems:

All Carl's Jr. Locations in the United States

11. Machine Head

I have Range blood in me.

I go up a couple times a year.

It's a whole 'nother world.