1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I loved going to A&W in a car when I was a kid.

Tray on the car window and all that.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Before Joe Biden ruined America, I used to love getting five Arbys roast beefs for $5, and I would tell myself “I’m going to save three of these for later.”

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There was a Stewart’s Root Beer in my town growing up. Drive-In not Drive-Thru. Didn’t go there enough because my mother said we eat could hot dogs at home. But as a kids a couple of hot dogs and a root beer in the car was glorious.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    HanSenSE and Machine Head like this.
  4. Machine Head

My family rarely went out to eat when I was a kid.

When we did it was a special thing.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! [/ijag]

Maybe that's only cuz I'm a sucker for whatever they put on the curly fries.

Machine Head and Justin_Rice like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ken Beatrice send us a sign.

7. Machine Head

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Just eat a handful of dirt.

Same thing, but less stale tasting.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Checkin' in from Texas - Whataburger, still very good as far as fast food goes. Depending on their specialty burgers of the month, I might even want them over a Five Guys or more of a "fast casual" place that's seen as a step up. But still, it's probably one of the best options if you don't want to leave your car.

Jack in the Box burgers are awful. Other menu items range from "meh" to okay. For a bit, they were like the Taco Bell of burgers, in that they'd just have wild, random shit on the menu. (Donut holes?!? Why not?) I like them leaning into that, because it's a better decision than trying to sell people on their beef.

Machine Head likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have to be over the legal limit to want Krystal's. But when I do, they are good.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Every Whataburger burger I’ve eaten has the taste of Lipton onion soup mix. B+ breakfast menu though.

12. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

When I was younger, I'd drive through a Krystal's after covering football and order a dozen at a spot about 45 minutes from home. I'd be able to eat eight or nine of them before I got home.

I'm 5-11 and 180, and I'll chalk it up to high metabolism.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted