1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hardee's was originally a fast-food hub headquartered in Rocky Mount, North Carolina (though the first location was originally opened in Greenville, NC). Carl's Jr. bought the sinking company in the '90s. While they're one and the same, someone figured out that Hardee's - with many of its locations in the South - would never survive a renaming. So they operate under the different brand entities.

I Should Coco and maumann like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I haven't been on the site all day, see 10 pages of unread posts to the Politics thread -- and you all are riffing on fast food joints, which ends with a Rocky Mount shoutout.

God, I love this place.

4. Sam Mills 51

Matt1735, maumann and TowelWaver like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Edgecombe County or Nash County side?

franticscribe and maumann like this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Carl's Jr. had a sexually charged ad campaign, if I recall. 'Rebranding' I suppose.

In my time (adjusts glasses like Mitchie McConnell), we went to Hardee's at drunk-thirty in the a.m. - and that was the only such times.

Not the best food compared to its grease-laden peers.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

George Michael Sports Machine for baseball scores. 202-362-4444

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That would be Nash, but just a train track away from the Edgecombe side.

When we were foolishly trying to put together the sports section that never ran thanks to Fran that night, the rain was blowing sideways into the newsroom from a broken window on the Telegram's second floor.

Gwen and I lived in a duplex near North Carolina Wesleyan. I was driving my Honda CRX home north on Business 301 just north of U.S. 64, and when I passed the Hardee's headquarters (which probably was the tallest building in town then) -- also directly across from the Rocky Mount football stadium -- the wind gusts physically moved my car across an entire lane and then back without me touching the wheel. Thank goodness I was the only fool on the road.

Before we lost power, WRAL estimated Rocky Mount/Wilson were getting steady 70-75 mph winds, with gusts near 90. I actually went outside when what was left of the eyewall came over.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Yup, that was cited as one of the things that most impressed Trump about future Labor Secretary Andy Puzder. That was his responsibility. Puzder couldn't get confirmed.

sgreenwell and Octave like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I have a Carl's Jr. about 15 minutes away, but it's in a truck stop and it's gross.

Carl's Jr. and Hardee's have the same ownership, but the menus are slightly different, especially the breakfast menus.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Do these batshit crazy people believe this?
    Are they just using it as their way to grift off the vulnerable?
    Is it a combination of the two?

I mean, all rhetorical questions. I feel bad for them if it's A and I hope they go to hell if it's B or C.

Draft saved Draft deleted