1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Both parties are the same!

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They knew it was an inside job, he spelled BLM incorrectly.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

With family there, and having spent considerable time in neighboring Blair County, this is totally unshocking.

wicked and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The man has his priorities straight.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ya think?

garrow likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bye, Felicia.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And don't forget Spiro Agnew.

I am reading "Nixonland," a truly outstanding book about one of the most evil politicians in US history. The GOP of today sounds exactly like Nixon's GOP, spreading fear about crime and people of color as its primary talking points. Have we learned nothing in 50 years?

Luckily, it seems every month or so one of the members of Nixon's merry little organized crime band dies. I feel no empathy for them and hope they lived in hell the last 45 years or so.

OscarMadison and I Should Coco like this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You must go to my gym. Same thing here.

I sat on the exercise bike mumbling to myself, "This is really the only story out there right now?" and later, "God, please make Tucker Carlson go away."

For FoxNews, it was the only story, because it was something that could be obviously politicized, even though, as someone else said up-thread, this is not nearly the big deal it was made to appear, simply by virtue of the parties involved: Tulci Gabbard, and FoxNews.

I wish we could shut down FoxNews down. It is not a news channel in any sense anymore, and with Tucker there, it is downright dangerous in its one-sided but two-faced hypocrisy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Never mind Fox News. If Nixon had social media, we'd be working on our third decade of Gilead.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The Trump-driven problems and politics of the past few years were major factors in my oldest brother's retirement to Costa Rica last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted