1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As I recall, progressives have never been especially enamored of him anyway. Something about McKinsey, "corporatist!", yada, yada.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Yup. He also was advocating something less than universal healthcare/medicare for all, which was a big hangup for progressives in the 2020 cycle. Also, the police chief firing in South Bend, while justified, was an issue.

I assume now that Buttigieg has moved to Michigan that he has his eye on an office there. There was no logical office in Indiana that he could run for and win.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

As a parent of a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, I can tell you Yeezy buyers are kids who are old enough to have jobs but not yet old enough that they have any other expenses.

Tighthead and sgreenwell like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would note that if progressive Twitter dictated the direction of the Democratic Party, Joe Biden would have been about 1,999th in line for nomination.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

‘Progressives’ are going to do everything they can to insure the country is ruled by a Rightwing extremist minority.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Moderates let Trumpism take over the GOP.

Moderates won't let progressivism take over the Democratic Party, as evidenced by every other candidate quitting at once so Biden would win the 2020 nomination.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Who could have possibly seen this coming?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“Progressives” wont let that happen again. They are the ones who think Kamala Harris is too establishment and conservative. Progressives are too busy fighting amongst themselves over reparations and ending jail sentences as punishment to pay attention to the fact that they lost the ability to govern

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Penn State: We’ve had a race problem for decades. (They had an on-field sit in at the spring game in the early aughts.) We’ll fix it, someday.

Also Penn State: It’s a great idea for the Proud Boys’ founder to speak here.

Given the area around State College, I’m guessing the PBs didn’t have to try hard to find thugs to fight the students.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Debbie Stabenow will be 74 on Election Day 2024.

Gary Peters, who hasn't exactly set the history books afire as the other US Senator, will be almost 68 on Election Day '26.

Gretchen Whitmer, assuming she is re-elected this time, will be term-limited out in '26.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted