1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m voting early, in person, on Sunday. Just want this bullshit over, and I’m not even in a place where we get inundated with TV ads.

I admittedly look at polls too much. Which makes it worse since they’re kind of all over the place. And hard to trust in the last six years.

It seems like a late shift toward republicans, which is depressing. Early turnout seems strong, which is likely good for Dems. Who the fuck knows.

I’m slightly concerned about the NY governor race. I don’t think insurrection enthusiast Lee Zeldin has a real chance, but it’s going to be closer than expected.

NYC turnout was awful in the primaries. As it usually is, and was not helped by rescheduling.

If NYC turnout is awful for the general, it’ll be very close.

wicked likes this.
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'm the ultimate pessimist in this. I figure republicans will roll.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any guess about the election is as good as anyone else's. Voted early today. Easy peasy.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Someone should go up to one of those Arizona drop boxes with a garbage bag full of paper and dump it at the feet of one of those MAGA goons and ask them if this the place to submit entries to.the Frito Lay sweepstakes like that dude from Real Genius.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m going to my polling place on Election Day. There’s rarely a wait and I like to see what might be there. I’m kind of hoping for some goofy “observer” who might be toyed with. It is unfair that I’ll blitz in and out while voters at other polling places might have to stand in line for hours.

Election night, I expect to be disappointed. I don’t trust the optimistic polls that offer the possibility of a slight blue tinge in this blood red state.

How wrong will the polls have to be before everyone just ignores them?

Might expanding legal gambling on political races create odds and point spreads more predictive of outcomes?

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I want this bullshit over so I can travel to my home state. I don't want to be there directly before or directly after.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Between the Dobbs leak, Trump's classified documents, the Fed's insistence in wrecking the economy and this, I have no idea who deserves 2022's Bad Timing Award. It's like the tavern gunfight in Inglorious Basterds, with Republicans and Democrats shooting their own instead. I have no idea who the hell actually wants to win the mid-term elections because neither side can stop stepping in their own manure pile.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is CNN or someone streaming FetterOz tonight?

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

According to the Inquirer it might be on NewsNation, though I guess that isn’t everywhere

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm not going to watch. I'll just come here, where someone will post a Tweet from Twitter Left declaring total victory while Alma can post a link to a David Brooks or Ross Douthat column explaining how the debate shows why Democrats are doomed.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted