1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

wicked likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ve discovered that it might not be possible to get an accurate read on the Hochul-Zeldin and Fetterman-Oz debates from Twitter!

Couldn’t watch either. Seems like Fetterman had some speech issues, which was not a shock. And Oz perhaps made the biggest mistake.

Have seen little if the NY gubernatorial debate. Which is probably good for Hochul as Zeldin needed some sort of giant shocker.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Oh, the Dobbs leak was completely calculated and on purpose. The pro-choice wave it created will be but a ripple by Election Day.

maumann likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

BIRTH PANELS!!!!!!

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Saw a few clips. Fetterman definitely has recovery issues. And he wasn’t a polished speaker before. But Oz being a smarmy carpetbagger and his women’s health care gaffe might make it a wash.

Fetterman’s “I got knocked down and I got back up” message could resonate with Pennsylvania voters.

As for the Fetterman-Herschel Walker comparison? Fetterman can fully recover.

Could be wrong, but doubt Pennsylvania debate changes much.

6. Twirling Time

BROTHER!

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

It's like the potentially apocryphal Winston Churchill story. An MP supposedly saw him stumbling home drunk and disheveled one night and said, “Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.”

Churchill replied, "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow
    I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."

Fetterman may have trouble speaking, but he will improve and Oz will still be a scam artist ready to do the bidding of the far right.

Smallpotatoes and qtlaw like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Will destroying democracy help reduce inflation? We talked to five antisemitic Republican voters at a McDonald's in Warren, Ohio to find out.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Telling people at work that I go to Chicago and that I ride the L, you’d think I told them I run drugs from Colombia from their reactions.

They have many opinions about the city they refuse to go within 25 miles of.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted