1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

NYC is fine, it's not as scuzzy as it was 30 years ago and I felt safe then. ... but at the same time, the general feel of the city is much edgier than it was even 5 or 6 years ago. For one thing, the streets are not as clean as they were and the subway feels like it has taken a step backward. I think the near daily stories of people being pushed onto the tracks or of fights / shootings on subway cars, are indicative of the overall environment. The number of people you run into who are overly confrontational or threatening and / or acting erratically has definitely ticked up recently.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

People out here in the sticks think you get gunned down the second you exit the Southshore doors in Chicago.

I once said to the guy on my assembly line who expressed shock I’d ever go into a city: “Yep, right in front of the Shake Shack. That’s where they get you.”

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know if every single one of THOSE dudes served, Russia and China would never dare threaten the USA!!!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watched 45 minutes of FetterOz ... that stroke musta been pretty fucking harsh.

But Team Fetterman will double down on social media and TV and Oz will keep stepping in the muck.

Fetterman will win. But Oz could win too*.

* hedge of the day

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They actually gave odds on Bernie Sanders? I swear, five years after the man dies, there will still be Bernie Bros arguing that he should be on the ballot. Let it go already.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I had to check and see if this was a Starman post.

The tough guys with guns who fear big cities always crack me up. These are Manly Men(TM) who are Very Brave. So brave that they’ll even attempt spec ops-type raids to kidnap a governor. Can’t they defend themselves? Why do black people scare them that much? Perhaps they got booted from MEAL Team Six.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As Dave Barry would say, no I am not making this up.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know I believe John Fetterman's a better answer than Mehmet Oz.

But you know there are thousands, millions of people who don't think as deeply about this as they should. And you know last night was the point-in-time moment in which they were going to pass judgment on John Fetterman. And you know they believe that's John Fetterman's acuity at 30, 40, 50 and 60.

Watch the poll numbers. Last night did not help Fetterman in the least.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The "I got up" line was good and is usable.

But Fetterman'll have to win with the women.

"ROE V. WADE!" was blunt and strong and Oz fucked himself by saying it's between a woman, her doctor and politicians.

That's Fetterman's river card for an inside straight and he better play it like a boss for the next 2 weeks.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I was accosted by a guy on a downtown Chicago subway platform in 2018. I was taking cellphone pictures and he demanded I delete them because he was in one. It was a scary moment.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Effing trolls

Draft saved Draft deleted