1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Damn, that's a brutal way to pull the Trump endorsement from Herschel Walker.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

To be fair, I have continually given Madison Cawthorn and Greg Abbott shit for refusing to stand for the National Anthem. Even FDR made an effort.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The last time I was in New York City was in 2005. The vibe was good. I don’t think I want to go back now.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

People lie now. They just flat out lie - either to be trolls, or because they think it's somehow gonna come back on them...but they lie when it comes to Trump and some other GOP candidates. Even though it's anonymous. I dunno.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's as Ragu describes it.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

abbott, your bellicosity is part of your charm, imo. Just be yourself, as I tell my little one.

Steve Schmidt thinks it's the 'media's fault'. WoW that's a new one! And people look to this guy as a Yoda.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, so it’s going to be even worse for the Dems because people lie. Not shocking you’d have that view.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Was in New York just in April. Rode subway and everything. All was fine. Spent 90 percent of the time in Brooklyn. Still fine.

UNCGrad likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

FUCK. Now I have to rethink everything.

Songbird likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He charges money for political advise? We are fucked.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of curious to see how much of that is "Trump on the ballot," vs. not. Polls were (mostly) fine for 2018, 2014 and 2012, IIRC. I still think he uniquely motivates the Mom's Basement Troll and Racist Uncle voters in a way that I'm not sure is replicable. Sure, that might mean Dems lose a bunch anyway, but it means there could be some polling errors in their favor too. (And if you want to be *really* optimistic, maybe you think that women in red states are more interested in voting to preserve abortion than they're willing to tell pollsters, a la what happened in Kansas this year.) EDIT: Had my dates wrong.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted