1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I hope you are, sincerely. Stay angry, young man. I see so much that's so easy to change if people would just quit thinking in terms of "us and them." It's human nature, though, and so difficult for us to overcome that genetic inertia.

You should have been around for the 1968 election. Or the 1860 one. Or 1776. One thing Americans are good at is division.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

What if some Don-Whisperer convinced him this would be a perfect way to fake his own death? He could take what he had, go somewhere like Dubai and live out his days in a place that matches his tastes and sensibilities.

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

about time

I don’t know why it took this long. The gap has been over 110,000 and there could have been that many left to keep it from being called

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Who is Dave Wasserman and why does he know enough to call a race?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Kelly is going to win by a decent margin but declaring it over at this point is dumb.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wasserman is Cook Political Report. Not a flame thrower. Usually correct. Right to call now? Not sure.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Feeling a little attacked as Gen X. ;)

We’ve been ignored all of our lives, a small generation and now grouped with Boomer politics?

Nah.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I saw enough a day and a half ago. I like his schtick but he pussyfooted too much on that race.

On to the Carson City goat-screw.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Don't dare lump Gen X with Boomers. We don't take pride in not being better. We adapted to being overlooked.
    Now, as always, we just quietly take care of our business, do it well, and generally want to be left alone because that's all we've ever known.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe the best summation I've ever read about me and my X'ers.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's very cautious with the "I've seen enoughs," which are his catchphrase. Seldom ventures onto limbs that get sawed off.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted