1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

She was not cool under pressure. Bill responded in an equally unfortunate way by telling obvious lies ("didn't inhale," "did not have sex with that woman"). But he didn't have the floodgates of social media opening up on him. And his political nemesis, Newt, was no choirboy.

Obama was famously cool -- I still relish the night he mocked the birthers and Donald Trump at the correspondents dinner, knowing that the SEALs were on their way at that very moment to take out Osama Bin Laden. I think Biden is pretty cool now, although he wasn't so much in his earlier years. He's near the end of his life, and closing in on mortality has a calming effect.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hillary seems to be one of those very smart people who can’t think of a retort on her feet, but gets in a good zinger later. Trump looming over her like a demented stalker during one of the debates stands out to me. She should’ve called him out on the spot.

She slowly revealed a petulance during the ensuing months after the loss. (Sure, Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian asset, but Hillary didn’t need to go there.) I’m sure part of it came from “how the fuck did I lose to THAT guy?” But if Trump was a 10 on the inspiring insurrection scale, Hillary is at about 0.0000000001.

Mr._Graybeard likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Come on. You know what you were doing when you put their reactions so close on the scale. I know you like to be contrarian asshole and this place could use somebody speaking up for the conservative side of things, so that has value, but at least try to do it with some integrity.

X-Hack and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hillary?
    upload_2022-11-12_17-28-36.gif

Woody Long likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

How did square acreage let it get this far?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Damn, I smell something behind me ... something like a 400-pound load of shit. Oh, gee, it's you, fatfuck."

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Dammit.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Considering 75% of the state lives within the blue counties? Yes.

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Washington state is 0.1 Blue and 1.5 Red. :cool:

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Except she's not wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted