1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why do you assume that you offended people just because they tell you that you are full of shit? Talking about another poster being angry or offended is a way to dismiss their point as emotional, not logical. It's disingenuous at best.

We do need to look at the situation through the lens of what came before President Biden. Trump was a disaster. He was a disaster long before Jan. 6. He failed in his response to COVID. Most of that was intentional because he simply cared more about being re-elected than he did about responding to a deadly pandemic in the best way possible. He worked to undermine the election before, during, and after the actual voting. The assault on Congress was just the final and worst part of all that.

Your little conspiracy theory of why President Biden won at least has some basis in reality, but implying that the nomination was fixed suggests a lack of legitimacy which doesn't belong in the conversation because you only have speculation to back it up. I have no doubt people wanted him to win the nomination for the reasons you suggested in your post earlier. That was all part of him being the anti-Trump, but so is his vast experience. He actually does know what he is doing. Your ridiculous theory that he somehow thinks he doesn't belong there has no basis in reality. It doesn't offend me, but I'm not going to be shy about telling you that you are full of shit.

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Should have hired this guy:

upload_2021-2-18_10-1-12.jpeg

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Unless there's confirmation from TC's office, the story was confirmed by the same reporter who confirmed Hillary's pneumonia had led DNC to seek
    replacement candidate.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fox News is running the story. I'd take that as confirmation.

7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

8. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

I hope no reporters jump on this before there is better confirmation it's Cruz. Seems like a big mistake waiting to happen.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

i eagerly await pictures of ted the zodiac killer at senor frogs in cancun

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Machine Head likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Apparently Rafael is headed back to TX. Maybe we can shame the shameless.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are celebrating his brilliance in leaving when times are rough for the average person.

Draft saved Draft deleted