1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The dilemma for other GOP candidates, DeSantis included, is that in the primaries they will have to 1. Be as focused on culture war issues, that is, hate and fear of other Americans, as Trump will be. 2. Even more important, they will have to do so more loudly than even Trump does to capture the attention of the primary electorate and the media. This leads inevitably to 3. These positions do not have majority support in the general electorate, not even close.
    I will add that the quieter Trump of last night's announcement is a weaker Trump, easier to beat. Note that easier does not imply easy.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I’d forgotten about “Take me to the riot” … great headline!

OscarMadison, garrow, maumann and 2 others like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm not going to choke back my disgust, mainly because I don't think posting here is going to make one bit of difference in the world in general. Perhaps that's the most accurate takeaway.

5. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Buffoon

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Rotten take there, Liz

"Liz Harrington, a spokeswoman for Trump, told the conservative channel Real America's Voice earlier in the evening that such a decision amounted to censorship. "They don't want the American people to hear directly from the biggest leader of the greatest political movement in our history, so I do suspect they will try to censor and cut away," she said."

Broadcast networks take a pass on Trump campaign announcement

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Former guy and leader of the GQP announces for 2024 and the networks don't even break in?

Journalism much?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They couldn’t cut away from The Masked Singing Douche or The Bachelorette or whatever the fuck.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah. From early 2016:

Ivanka Trump Talks Being a Mogul, a Mother, and More

uh huh yeah yeah yadda yadda you betcha

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The networks don’t air all the speeches of the sitting president. No reason to think they’d be interested in airing a rerun of Clown Town.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Waaaaa we didn't get free advertising waaaa

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

With the cable news channels, there is little reason for the broadcast networks to carry something as insignificant as a formal announcement of Trump running. As pointed out, it was just promotion.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted