1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What if I told you that 144 characters just wasn't enough? #BLUECHECKMARK! on the next #30for30.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Twitter was ruined the minute the normies got there. It was a glorious place for those of us with mental health issues and the sense of humor of 12-year olds for about three years in the aughts.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Songbird

#Sharknado was the high water mark.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Depends entirely on whom - and what - you follow.

It's still good as a headline service; for crowdsourced local recommendations; for event reminders and referrals; as a marquee on which to post your own work.

It's a great supermarket bulletin board if you want it to be.

For years I've kept my worst impulses in check there by including the name of my employer in my handle.

OscarMadison, garrow and Sea Bass like this.
  5. Songbird

I'll take the warts and all ... but Twitter is one of the best inventions since YouTube, which was the best invention since the remote control ... since sliced bread.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I would love to see what ideas, jokes, stories, photos, etc. that would be created if everyone didn’t filter their mind through the same app before beginning to create. That’s why I want Twitter to die.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

House GOP is getting right to the most pressing issues facing America - investigating Hunter Biden. Forget fighting inflation, this what will help Americans!

SFIND and garrow like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

ie

11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Hypotheses: the GOP needs trump to run and get beaten in the primaries by another republican so they can then claim to have eliminated him from the conversation. Discuss

garrow and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Pelosi I stepping down. Think back to 2016, without her leadership Dems capitulate to MAGA clowns. She saved democracy in USA.

Draft saved Draft deleted