1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. I don't want to hear evangelical nitwits playing the victim when it comes to Trump. Never.

Baron Scicluna and wicked like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, but they will. White victimization is a budding industry.

tapintoamerica and HanSenSE like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hey, hey. This is getting very close to CRT. Our brave fathers didn't give their lives at Bowling Green for such talk!

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What a shock, a whale ate a dolphin and the other dolphins can’t believe it.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because America IS Donald Trump. Loud, brash, arrogant, uncompromising, if you're not my friend you're my enemy . . .

Instead of "how did we elect Donald Trump?" it's more like "how did it take so long?" Would have been a great fit for the ostentatious 70s.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We took a trip to western Maryland last week, near the PA and WV borders. I’m guessing it was solid Trump/Republican country, the clinging-to-God-and-guns crowd.

I love ripping into that gang as much as anyone, but almost every person I ran across was as polite as could be. A couple were exasperated dealing with a city boy who’s not too used to country life, but that was the exception. Very small example: I asked the lady at the diner what was better, their pancakes or French toast. I ordered the pancakes; she gave me a slice of French toast on the side, gratis. I’m a little bit less cynical this week, despite the trip being a semi-disaster (missed flight outbound, almost missed the flight inbound).

I think “these people” (not trying to use it as a pejorative) are good, and want to do good, just like 90 percent of society. They’re misguided, often used by the local preachermen to toss an extra $10 in every Sunday when they should be buying firewood or a nicer meal for themselves. And that sounds elitist on some level, but I believe it. They’re not exposed to the outer world because they’re doing what many folk are doing, putting their heads down to make a go of it.

So no, BT, most of this country is not filled with brash, in-your-face people. We’ve been conditioned to want to be those people. Trump types have been glorified for the past 40 years, whether it was by the New York Post, the Enquirer, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, The Apprentice, whatever. Trump in particular is a show. Folks enjoy watching it. I think a lot of them realized a charlatan running the country isn’t all that good for us, but not enough to offset the Electoral College (at least in 2016).

Sorry for the rambling.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

c'mon

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

From my experience:

Me: Why, that fellow was just as nice as could be."

Local: Yep. And funny thing, it was his brother killed Emmet Till."

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You're white.

Webster, UNCGrad, Slacker and 9 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted