1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

In Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), Steve Perry seems to be having a psychotic break. Although it is thought that only this world can support human life and there is no means of transport to or survival on another world (certainly not in 1983), he says that he and his girl are worlds apart. How can that be? He then says their hearts are broken in two which would kill them both but I don't get the sense that his perspective is that of a ghost singing from the beyond. Most strange is his urging to break the chains that bind her. Is she in trouble? Is she in his basement or that of another? If it's his basement, then he can release her but is his basement another world? If she is chained up somewhere else, he should probably call the authorities. If she could break the chains, why wasn't she strong enough to keep her heart from being broken in two? Since this isn't literally true, I struggle to guess what all this metaphorically means.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is the most selfless act of sacrifice I have seen since Big Hero 6.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No reference can go over my head. If it tried, I would grab it.

bigpern23 and TowelWaver like this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Both sides!!!!

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My next fantasy team name: The Fishstick Facists

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, man. If any tweet ever summed up how the WH press corps are access merchants and not actual journalists, it's garrow's.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Ashley.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Somebody's feefees are hurt.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Doug La Follette was the first politician I interviewed as a fledgling journalist. He was already the incumbent secretary of state and was running (unsuccessfully) for lieutenant governor. It was 1978. He won the sec/state's office back in 1982 and has held it ever since. He'll turn 82 in June.

An old newspaper buddy called him "Fighting Doug." He isn't a member of the Madison LaFollette clan, but from a branch of the family from Iowa. I think that branch adds a space between the "La" and "Follette." Regardless he's had great success trading on the LaFollette name. He's certainly one of the longest-serving elected officials in the country, but the longer Doug has held the office, the weaker it has become through legislative action.

garrow likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted