1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hmm. I heard life was a highway.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that Obama, a guy who was exposed to low-level Chicago politics, never picked up on how to bury your opponents. He's quite skilled with a scalpel, but sometimes you need to whip out a Claymore.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It's a numbers game, especially if Warnock loses. Press Manchin and you might lose him for the next two years re: judicial appointments. I have better odds of winning Powerball than a Democrat has of winning that seat in 2024. You gotta run up the score now.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Warnock isn't going to lose this erection.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think it was Ray Oyler in Bouton's book. They pulled up next to a building that had a brass plate saying it was erected in 1929. Oyler said, "That's quite an erection."

8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

He should probably see a doctor about that.

Liut likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think it was Greg Goosen, but it’s still a great quote.

Every once in a while, if I see an “erected in …” I think of that quote.

UNCGrad, Liut and ChrisLong like this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I hoped and expected Obama to do that during his second term. At that point, he should have been hammering the Republicans constantly, and in the public eye. Instead, he stuck to his pattern of polite, diplomatic non-aggression.

C'mon, Barack, start banging your fist and embarrassing the obstructionists every day. Never happened, though.

In his second term, Obama gets the bully pulpit. Got to use it to build momentum for the next election candidates.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oyler was the guy who wanted to buy the team bus because it went over a road so bumpy he got a stiffie.

UNCGrad, Liut and ChrisLong like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Goosen is the Pilots' career-leader in batting average. Somehow he hit .309 that season. He played one more year, for the Brewers/Senators in 1970 and then was out of baseball at 24. Baseball had no tolerance for flakes at that time.

UNCGrad and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted