1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Sodom and Gamorrah were trending on Twitter, but maybe Elon put the fix in for that.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

“Let the DJ play.”

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Underrated Village People song.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Fighting the good fight often means never getting to declare victory and having to watch the very people who fought change take credit for it. Like the people who thought MLK a communist stooge quoting him on Twitter.

Do it anyway.

garrow, Smallpotatoes and dixiehack like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I have a half-baked theory that Democrats will gleefully cross the aisle to vote McCarthy in — precisely because he is so weak and feckless and will be emasculated from the start. He'll be an anchor around the GOP's neck in 2024.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought if Pelosi stayed as caucus leader that *maybe* a few Rs would cross the aisle in exchange for a little grift and a committee seat or three. They won’t do it for a black guy, unfortunately.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The only thing tougher than McCarthy trying to hold enough votes to win speaker would be for any Dem to manage the House without a majority, only a plurality. A Dem as speaker doesn't change the math.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

major announcement

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I've changed my mind. Trump supporters are bigger marks than Taylor Swift fans.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, so cringe.

garrow likes this.
  12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I can't wait to put these in the spokes of my bike and then push the bike over a cliff.

Draft saved Draft deleted