1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh wait, you said Mimes.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Tumor's popularity is so low and he has become so pathetically irrelevant that indicting and sending him to prison won't even feel like a victory anymore.
    It'll just be a criminal loser being booked, jailed and 75 percent of the electorate moving on from him.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Let me tell you how it will be
    Blocked accounts for you, free speech for me
    'Cause I'm the tweetman
    Yeah, I'm the tweetman

Should 44 billion appear too small
    Be thankful I don't ban you all
    'Cause I'm the tweetman
    Yeah, I'm the tweetman

Don't ask me what I bought it for
    (Ah, ah, Mr. Biden)
    If you don't want to pay some more
    (Ah, ah, Mr. Trump)
    'Cause I'm the tweetman
    Yeah, I'm the tweetman

Now my advice for those who lie (tweetman)
    Why not give Twitter a try (tweetman)
    'Cause I'm the tweetman
    Yeah, I'm the tweetman
    And you're working for no one but me (tweetman)

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm, very few in the GOP had a problem with the NRA sending a fundraising message calling Federal agents “Jack-booted thugs.”

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Bonus points for working in leaders of opposing political parties. George Harrison would be proud!

garrow and maumann like this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Will we have to pay greens fees to get the opportunity?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Octave and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At least Olivia got a name, color, gender, age, and socio-economic status.

With Taibbi it would have been the perfect anonymous soundbite by an 73-year-old white guy passing by and counting the cash in his wallet as Felicia snakes around the pole in her 9-inch pumps.

And yes, this is all relevant. The march to '24 has begun ... the death knell of Trump by the end of '23 and hard teenage erection for DeSantisism to election day.

By Olivia Reingold
    Monday, Dec 19, 2022

MIAMI—It’s almost 11 p.m. on a recent Friday night at ONE Gentlemens Club, and it’s dead except for the girls in their thongs, sitting on pleather couches, waiting for someone to give a lap dance to. No one can talk to anyone else. It’s too loud for that, what with the electronic drum, the incessant rapping. The rap is supposed to inspire twerking—and tens. Tonight, no one’s twerking.

Tory Williams is alone at the bar in fishnets and boots. She should be mixing drinks.

“Did you vote in the recent election?” I write in my notebook, then pass it to her.

She nods. When I ask who she voted for, a grin appears. “DUH-SAN-TIS,” she mouths.

“Why DeSantis?” I shout. Williams is a black woman who looks to be pushing forty. She has a fiancé and, after two slow years, a job. It was her brother, she says, who made her rethink her politics.

Finally, she shouts back, over the bar, through the din: “Money.”

Williams is one of the DeSantis Democrats: Florida voters who, until recently, identified as Democrats but in November opted to reelect Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis—he who resisted the Covid lockdowns, tangled with Disney, and governed with a record budget surplus—in a landslide.
    The Rise of the DeSantis Democrats

The "DeSantis Democrats" are the same as the Vermont Democrats who helped Gov. Phil Scott win a 4th term in a record blowout over a weak progressive (whose heart is in the right place but she needs to retire from running for state office; 0 for 3 including twice for governor).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Opinion | Liberals Have Been So Busy Not Losing, They’ve Forgotten How to Win

Sizable majorities of Americans desperately want traditional liberal measures like universal health care and economic fairness. But actually, existing liberalism, with its air of upper-crust contempt and its top-down moralism, rubs this deeply democratic nation exactly the wrong way.

These things are obvious when viewed from a certain distance, but liberals, intoxicated by their own righteousness, can never figure it out. They keep expecting the right to die off, as if poisoned by its diet of wickedness, and yet the Republicans persist, dreaming up new culture wars against the “liberal elite,” radicalizing themselves continually along the way, refusing to succumb.

And what do liberals do? We dig in. We cheer for our side, we cheer some more, we demand that everyone else also cheer. We react hysterically to bad news, we refuse any analysis that doesn’t begin by ascribing Satanism to the G.O.P., and we go on Twitter to scold those who don’t measure up to our standards in some way. This is not strategy. It is fandom.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted