1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The lesson of Christmas is lost on the GQP.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they have the leverage. Functionally, what's going on is the same game that Manchin and Sinema played. Their majority is slim, they need every vote they can get, especially if a few of the saner R's break and vote with the Dems when the MTG's and Boeberts go off the reservation.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I hope there are rooms at Trump's hotel in DC.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

McCarthy has 5 Never McCarthyers on record and he only has 4 votes to give.

I still hold that Dems will cross over for McCarthy just to prolong the train wreck factor. Scalise is the clear fallback for the Q's.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Any legislation that will potentially go against the Republicans won't be allowed to see the light of day, either on the floor or in committee. That's why in my opinion impeachment proceedings are unlikely. Too many GOPers laying off the Kool-Aid.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If the feds arrested a few bus drivers and impounded a few buses, this crap would stop. Charge them with human trafickking.
    Are the drivers and bus companies ultimately to blame? No, but they took the gig.
    It would be hard for states to do this crap if no charters will take their calls.

Kato and wicked like this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

upload_2022-12-25_9-3-4.jpeg

“Can’t a guy get a fuckin’ break around here?”

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

USDOT and the FHA could do something about this right quick.

Perhaps some bus companies’ operating certificates are suspended. That will get folks to pay attention.

Kato and Driftwood like this.
  9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

At least until the gunslingers who are in the Supreme Court posse ride into town.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this fucking guy

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm Jewish, so y'all can correct me if I'm wrong here. Combine this with what he did to those immigrants and Abbott is the perfect example of a self-proclaimed Christian who has no understanding of Jesus Christ.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted