1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I still have a hard time believing any republican won't fall directly in line, not for a Dem win.

sgreenwell and TigerVols like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One GOP rep has already announced he's voting against the rules package, and that was before last night's tomfoolery. It's like mice in your house. See one, there's more. Having seen how easy it is to squeeze McCarthy, it'd be surprising if others in his caucus don't immediately begin squeezes of their own. The loonies come from safe GOP seats. Voter punishment in 2024, if any, will be dealt out to those in marginal seats. Those folks have their own imperatives.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

How’d Hudson know Rogers was going to go down there and yell at Gaetz? Because the video makes clear that Hudson was like a DB stepping in front of a pass.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Context?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of the proposed rules allows committees to examine "ongoing criminal investigations." That's not gonna fly with even this Supreme Court.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

at the 1:35 mark or so. Watch how fast Hudson is there, trailing Rogers. He knew what was about to happen, and he came from somewhere else in the chamber

7. Songbird

I want to see footage of those 2 before Rogers ponies up.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Looks more like Hudson came from the same area Rogers did. Maybe they had been talking just before, Rogers might have said something to the effect of, "I'll shut the punk up," and then Hudson decided, two beats later, "That doesn't sound good," and decided he'd better go handle Rogers just in case.

How did you decide that Hudson "came from somewhere else in the chamber"?

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

By somewhere else in the chamber I mean that he wasn’t sitting right there. He clearly comes from where Rogers came from, wherever that is.

I suspect you’re right, that Hudson figured nothing good was about to happen. But the “physical” part of the confrontation is Hudson. It’s not Rogers. Nothing Rogers did on video seems worthy of having his mouth clawed. So he must have suggested something beforehand that inspired a mouth clawing.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I wish Hudson had just let Rogers go forth, though, on the slim chance that the confrontation then escalated, and then Rogers would have to punch out Boebert to get to Gaetz.

YMMV.

2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  11. Songbird

You act like mouth clawing is a bad thing.

upload_2023-1-7_10-14-56.jpeg

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Agreed, except for that whole thing about punching random, innocent wimmenfolk.

Draft saved Draft deleted