1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It still isn't the same thing for many reasons. Clearly, after the issue with Trump, President Biden had his people check to make sure he didn't have classified documents somewhere they shouldn't be and that is how these are being found. Doing it this way, in small pieces, is just stupid. Get in front of it and be honest. Make a statement that the incident made him want to check that nothing was out of place from his very long political career. Make it clear he is determined to clear up any errors and will fully cooperate with any investigations. Make sure the distinction between what he is doing and what Trump has done is very clear.

Of course, it isn't the same thing. The sheer volume of documents is a difference. The way Trump responded is completely different. That is why Republicans asking about a raid on Biden property is so ridiculous. Trump made that happen with his refusal to cooperate.

None of it will matter to Trump's cult, but do it anyway.

This is just another reason for Biden not to run again next year, but I fear he will do so anyway.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've seen the gas stoves thing mentioned on this board and in DeSantis' tweet. That's it. Is Fox News' rundown during the day all gas stove coverage, all the time?

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Agreed with all of the above, except I'm not sure who you want to run in 2024. Buttitieg is not a viable candidate, sadly, because of teh gay.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No one can say the story of the documents at Mar-a-Lago didn't receive massive media coverage and a high level of public awareness. Did it influence the 2022 elections in the slightest? No evidence it did. People who thought Trump sucked still did. People who liked him still did. I submit the same is true of Biden. He will be judged on performance in office if (actually when) he runs in 2024.

Liut likes this.
  7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Perhaps Biden is trying to appeal to Trump voters.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Unsurprising

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Committed Republicans hate democracy and wish to live under someone like Putin as long as said person hates who they do. That's both the truth and exactly what every Democrat should say when discussing aid to Ukraine. Also, it would be good for everyone to remember that half of self-identified members of either party in a poll works out to less than 20 percent of the electorate overall.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You only cover me when I win an election!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Odds are far greater than zero that classified documents can be found today in Obama's orbit as well.

GWB? Probably not...he ignored them when they were "his."

Draft saved Draft deleted