1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep, and then afterward, they will run and cry on Fox News, Newsmax and the other shriek shows about how the experts lack civility.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Didn’t Bernhard Geotz manage to keep a low profile?

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of the adage, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Putting all the nutcases on the same committee, especially Oversight, is a smart move by McCarthy. It keeps his promise to the crazy far rights but puts them in the spotlight when they insist on their delusional crackpot theories and conspiracies.

McCarthy can basically wash his hands of the circus now, letting them hang themselves on their own public petards because he knows they're going to be wasting their own time chasing their tails while he tries to actually make policy.

As it is, the GOP has no idea how to implement any of their budget reduction/tax revision ideas, because McCarthy has no consensus among his party and the Senate and President will basically negate anything that even gets passed by the House.

However, from an entertainment standpoint, the next two years ought to be the paragon of stupidity.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This sounds about right, though I am concerned about what happens two years from now. I worry about those lunatics having any power or influence for any amount of time. They have been embarrassing themselves for years and their support doesn't seem to wane one bit.

I tried to resist being that guy, but I failed. I have to ask how many people actually know what a petard is? :)

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

small potatoes-

Bernie Goetz also had a small and shrinking clustre of losers worshiping him after the subway murders.

But he was just going home from work, not having mommy transport him to a fight so he could play cowboys and injuns.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bernie Goetz 2023 version would be on the same circuit, raking in the cash and doing the shows.

7. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I don't know - Bernie was Jewish, after all, and most of the people who buy tickets on that circuit are, uh, "not fans" of Jewish people.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

hawking berine's bullet train coffee

Webster, Woody Long and dixiehack like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Rittenhouse has probably banked a million from this.

He was a Fox regular for a while and also a frequent guest on the freakshow news networks.

Recall the creepocringe interview with Lara Logan where he can't keep his eyes off her fake enhancements.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hope you camped at the store last night. Traffic will be fun (unlike every other day when traffic between Watsonville and Santa Cruz is a breeze).

12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted