1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I should be used to it by now, but the GOP’s utter hatred of education or even job training stipends continues to amaze me.

My former state of Idaho is a prime example. They have a large state budget surplus, and their Republican governor proposed using some of it to provide funding for kids who need help paying for college or vocational programs.

You’d have thought he proposed mandatory teaching of CRT the way the true believers in the state Legislature reacted. “Welfare for the liberal education industry” and “our kids never got any help” all but destroyed a strong proposal in a state desperate for qualified workers.

Once upon a time, Republicans regularly championed pro-business measures that helped employers. Now those same proposals make you an evil RINO.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

GOP in 2022: Inflation! Crime! The Border!
    GOP in 2023: Why did Twitter ban Lauren Boebert?

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

If that was the case, Hillary Clinton never would’ve happened.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

OR the Clintons knew she had likeability problems - and figured the only way she could get elected in '16 is to get someone who was as divisive (if not more) than she was and unable to change the image because they had been in the public eye for so long it was entrenched.

I'm almost starting to convince myself.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anyone shown Hillary where Wisconsin is on a map yet?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And from what we've seen so far this year, they've taken a deeper dive on probing Twitter (and as we saw yesterday, in craptacular fashion) then the other issues, which they seem content to keep saying "Biden bad!" without offering an alternative plan.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"You come at the King, you'd best not miss."

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. Doubling down on debunked claims is the whole GOP playbook. Right, Mr. Litterbox?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted