1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I figured by now Murdoch would've settled with Dominion for centimos on the bolivar.

maumann likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Nothing Will Happen, Part 9,258.

She ain't wrong.

5. Neutral Corner

That case had been "pending" for 27 months in Texas.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I had dinner with a friend who is an elementary school teacher in Florida the other day. On a mandate from Meatball Ron (lol), teachers in her school have to scan the barcodes of all the books in their classrooms to some website to make sure no parents object. Worse, she has to do the same with anything she plans to write on the whiteboard/blackboard/whatever color board they use. If a parent objects to something, she can’t use it and I think there are consequences. If she were to write on the board, “Joe Biden is the President,” an election denier parent could object and she wouldn’t be allowed to write it.

2muchcoffeeman and part-timer like this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That’s awful, Dyno.

Not too long ago these same GOPiots would brag how “in the good old days,” kids and their parents respected the authority of teachers.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

27 months hell. Try eight years. This guy's first charge dropped days after Trump rode the escalator in 2015.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But imagine if a parent were required to volunteer 10 hours to help the school - either in classrooms or with the PTA, before they were allowed to raise objections? Give me a break Florida.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson Called Trump ‘A Demonic Force' and 'A Destroyer’ on Day of Capitol Riot, Newly-Released Text Shows

Fair and Balanced?! Rupert Murdoch Told Fox News CEO the Network Should Help GOP Win Senate ‘Any Way We Can’ in Newly-Released Email

I know it's not "the new CNN's" style to attack Fox News, but they really should hammer them on stuff like this. Obviously Fox News would react an respond - but not without actually making their viewers aware of the truth at the center of it all. (See also, sunsetting Social Security),

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Well, fug. That'll teach me to go look. I got the 27 months from an article on the case I'd seen today and it stuck with me, but obviously it was referring to some other landmark date in the thing.

Thanks for the correction.

Draft saved Draft deleted