1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

After the news coming out the past two days, Fox probably wishing they would have settled already.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They might yet.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The stuff that has come out in the discovery is probably a lot more damaging than any dollar amount. Maybe its viewers really don't care if the news hosts believe the crap their shoveling out to the masses, not only has the network been exposed - other righty networks can pounce as well since it is clear that Fox News doesn't really care about the truth, or helping Republicans, the network is only interested in keeping viewers, and will say whatever they need to - whether they believe it or not - to keep them.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I don't mind settlements, but they should not prevent the truth from being told.

The party that caves to the settlement should still have to acknowledge its guilt/misbehavior/treachery/etc.

Nobody should be able to buy their way out of the truth being told, with the public shame that comes with it.

Something like that. You know what I mean. Money should never be allowed to bury the truth from being told.

garrow likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well there is the truth. "Fox News acknowledges that our editorial oversight regarding this matter was not what it should have been and have agreed to institute stronger controls" and there is having your dirty secrets aired out for everyone to see. Now maybe this is just the WWE acknowledging that pro wrestling IS INDEED fake - but nobody was spending a lot of time accusing pro wrestling of being credible.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

“Hey, Ronnie: Fuck you, Meatball ... ”

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    garrow likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

John Stossel tried. He got slapped upside the head for his troubles.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"And enjoys full marital relations 3-5 times a week..." (depending on his travel schedule).

The NASCAR boys sure had fun
    chanting "fuck Joe Biden" while the race was run
    "So I think I will,"
    purred Dr. Jill
    While climbing aboard Air Force One

HanSenSE, garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The response on the right wing message board I follow is The Washington Post and NY Times didn’t apologize for winning Pulitzers for the Russia hoax

Draft saved Draft deleted