1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanks

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I voted for McCain in the 2000 GOP primary, and I voted for him in 2008.
    I often wonder how different the world would look if he'd got the nomination in 2000 or Gore hadn't got jobbed out of the Presidency by W's brother and HW's SCOTUS.
    Vastly is my guess.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I was as unhappy about 2000 as everyone, but Gore also got jobbed by losing his home state and losing Arkansas (had he let Bill loose on the campaign trail there might have been a different result) and because of narcissists who voted for Ralph Nader because "there's no difference between the other two" and because of the incompetence of Palm Beach County Democrats who controlled the election process there and put out the butterfly ballot that tricked a bunch of elderly Jews -- many of them Holocaust survivors -- into thinking they were voting for Gore when actually they were voting for the virulently antisemitic Pat Buchanan. What a cluster it was.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And the media played a big part in sacking McCain's campaign in 2000, whipping up a frenzy that he didn't have the right temperament for the job.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nope. Not with Palin dragging his ass down.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fuck that. He's made fun of people for their appearance and disabilities and gender, etc. He deserves any derision for his lack of bladder and bowel control.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There really is no comparison between 2000 and 2020, either.

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Karl Rove's ratfucking in South Carolina is what really sacked that 2000 campaign -- putting out a phony poll that insinuated that McCain may have fathered a black child out of wedlock while knowing there'd be pics of him and his family including their adopted Bangladeshi daughter.

UNCGrad, Neutral Corner and wicked like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You can directly blame Karl Rove for 2000. The media was on the McCain Straight Talk Express. They loved him because he was colorful and gave them unprecedented access.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sidney Powell ethics case tossed by Abbott judge in Texas. GQP taking over the judiciary, as part of their takeover of America for the kleptocracy they envision for their donors.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are very few things that are better at teaching you a subject than teaching that subject.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted