1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

DeSantis signs the bill to punish Disney for its free speech.

DeSantis takes over Disney district, punishing company

At some point, I hope some prominent Dems (Florida’s a lost cause) start pointing to DeSantis’ law and start talking about taxing mega-churches for their free speech too.

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dems get just as much cash from the church and temple and mosque.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

From profit-based mega-churches? I don’t think so.

If you want to say the mega-churches that preach the prosperity gospel aren’t for-profit, then don’t bother replying.

If you want to say almost all organized religion is for-profit, that’s a different discussion, I suppose.

I doubt much comes of this once Disney sues the fucking pants off this slapdick after the board oversteps, which it will. If any company can afford years-long litigation, it’s The Mouse.

Slacker, 2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If Joe Biden could steal an election from Donald Trump while a private citizen, what chance does your favorite ex-president have in '24?

[​IMG]

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“Why are they still bringing up Dobbs?” Republicans wonder to themselves.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tenne...with-doomed-pregnancy?source=articles&via=rss

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This was my impression as well. Fox can't "force" Dominion to settle, and it looks like they have a pretty slam dunk case here. Fox isn't going to go bankrupt from this case, so Dominion doesn't have to worry about them being judgement-proof. Unless Fox wants to fall completely on its own sword - like airing a 30-minute, prime time apology AND giving them a big bag of money - I don't think Dominion is feeling any pressure to settle.

wicked likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When's the next GQP baccarat practice?

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Voting machines aren’t partisan and shouldn’t be controversial. But if you have to choose between companies, you won’t choose the one embroiled in controversy no matter where you live, even if the whole thing is made up.

Put very clearly, this company has been completely destroyed by lies peddled by sore losers who can’t stomach the fact that they lost. The allegations are completely baseless, but there is a right wing screech machine which is always at the ready to amplify any lies to their legion of believers. The fact that FNC dared tell the truth was enough for ratings to go down, so they made a business decision to instead go along with the lies.

Look at Lou Dobbs and Maria Bartiromo. The only way that they could possibly stay relevant is go crazier and crazier in their willingness to peddle lies.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Swalwell for POTUS.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"The Russian Embassy."

[​IMG]

"What is Mar-a-lago?"

Tarheel316 and HanSenSE like this.