1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It is my belief that America is shallow enough to disqualify DeSantis not for his awful policies but that picture of him in white boots.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Or his “Dukakis in a Tank” moment:

[​IMG]

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

How deep is your state? How deep is your state?
    I really need to know
    'Cause we're livin' in a world of tools
    Breakin' us down
    When they all should let us be
    And abide by democracy

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The Minnie Mouse boots were a terrible look for anyone who presumes to be cool. Like so bad even the uber-uncool Slobbo wouldn't do it.

5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Indeed. It took about a 5-second Google search to find a bunch of the guy's writings. He’s a conservative activist. Which is fine, but the Times should be up front about it. If they need to give a random College Republican (who worked on campaigns for Ted Cruz and Gregg Abbott) this kind of airtime, own it instead of dishonestly implying he's some sort of ideological blank slate being pushed to the right by the intolerant left. Here's his body of work just for the Tory:

https://theprincetontory.com/author/adam_hoffman/

But NYT specializes in this kind of thing -- helping pseudo-"freethinkers" make their way through the griftofascism pipeline by publishing this kind of dreck. He'll be writing for the National Review or Reason or whatever soon enough. Just like poor, censored Emma Camp at UVa. They're all so canceled that they're on the Op-Ed pages of the NYT.

Which always makes me wonder -- what is it they want to be able to say without pushback that they're unable to say in the first place?

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

(Psst … it’s racism.)

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If I've learned anything in the last 7 years is that the right is able to forgive and accept ANYTHING that used to be disqualifiers - particularly in their eyes - Infidelity, financial impropriety, incompetence, pacificism, sucking up to Russia, not living a Godly life - if they think a candidate can help them win. And general public disgust at someone's behavoir is now typically seen as a badge of honor.

garrow and matt_garth like this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sorry, couldn't resist.

R.jpg

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Definitely not his finest hour. He left the breast forms in the car!

[​IMG]

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

DeSantis once hit like .470 at Yale. I'd like to see some video of that. Hitting off Rudy Stein every night is good for mentions 30 years later in badly templated profiles.

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Was there any doubt?

Draft saved Draft deleted