1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson needs to be tried for treason.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What’s going to be our cataclysmic event that breaks the fever? I wish I knew.

wicked likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Should have been January 6th (or even Charlottesville before), but no we're selfish idiots.

wicked likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Had COVID happened under Biden, maybe that, but Bleach POTUS has turned domestic health into a permanent culture war subject.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"at least equal (blame)??"

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Aliens from outer space landing on Earth. Though I’m not even sure if that.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What harm can Tucker Carlson do with the J6 video!?!

qtlaw and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don’t see the family mention one Fox News advertiser or carrier. Missed opportunity there.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Report all you want from CPAC. Collection of cretins.

Other reporting can happen in the meantime.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I’ve met and participated in protests with some fairly militant left-wingers in the 1990s. Ultimately I rejected their arguments about using violence to achieve economic justice, workers’ power, etc. because I believed you’ve got to win with the power and strength of your ideas, not with bloodshed.

(And on a practical level, if it came down to a shooting match, the radical right wing/neo-Nazi crowd would destroy the leftists every day of the week. There was also that.)

I still believe ideas will win the day over violence, and hope extremists on both sides can understand that … because we don’t want to see how much blood would be spilled in the cataclysmic event the Atlantic piece talks about. With the advances in technology to organize and the free-for-all of obtaining weapons in this country, the casualties of such an event could be in the thousands.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted