1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

McCarthy has made MTG the Speaker Pro Tem. While perhaps ceremonial, the appointment does suggest that klan has no problem pandering to the extreme wing. BUT AOC !

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

OK, which one of you pushed him?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

those good down home christian values of underage kids having sex, and the resulting babies, out of wedlock

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So Fox News was on in a bar I was at - and just watching the Chryon from a distance it looked like they were playing all the "greatest hits" tonight - Biden's a "failure," Hunter Biden, the border, etc. Oddly enough - it looks like Hilary has dropped off the radar.

And while I do understand the theater of Presidents unveiling their budgets - they always lead with the "this plan will cut the deficit in X number of years (usually several years AFTER they have left office and provided that a Democratic president can get tax increases past Congress, or a Republican president can get significant entitlement cuts past congress - and their successor follows the formula.

It's ridiculous of course. Much easier to say - you want to eliminate the national debt, have every living American (man, woman and child) pony up about $100k, problem solved right now.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The weird thing today - regarding Fox News - is that there were hearings on the Afghanistan withdrawl - which I think is of legitimate interest to most Americans.
    I understand the emotional testimony - that's always what you lead with - but I'm hoping they are able to determine what precisely caused the failure. Where the bad intel came from and the lack of preparation. I have to think there was a plan compiled over the last 20 years outlining how withdrawal would happen - both if Afghans "stood up" and if we were bailing out of an untenable situation.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Every single one of my high school classmates who is already a grandparent is also an evangelical Christian, though at least one of the Mormons will be joining them later this year. I'm in my early 40s, fwiw.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There are at least four all-girls Catholic high schools with the nickname “Little Whorehouse on the Hill,” including one in Philadelphia, where half the class was either pregnant or had kids by the time we all graduated, including several good friends of mine.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

abstinence today abstinence tomorrow abstinence forever

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It was always going to be a shitshow. Just like the withdrawl from South Vietnam. What primarily caused the failure was, we were the only stabilizing influence in a country that was pretty much ungovernable without a complete dictatorship.

Failure? We're finally 100% the fuck out of there after a decade of wasting money and lives, so it's a success in my book. I think most Americans have put Afghanistan in their rear-view mirror and don't waste a second of their day thinking about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted