1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Alpha fail

“According to a former classmate, DeSantis would apparently tell dates he liked Thai food,” Oliver explained, which so far seems fine… except Ron would pronounce it as thigh food. On purpose. “And if they corrected him, he would make up an excuse and leave because, ‘he didn’t want a girlfriend who corrected him......"

John Oliver Roasts Ron DeSantis’ Disturbing Dating Tactic

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

We had four-day, 40 hour weeks at the News
    My days off were Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
    It was great
    After the strike Gannett decided to change it to five day weeks
    No reason was given for the change but it was generally accepted it was because everyone liked four day weeks

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What I would hope for is not three days off in a row, but rather, two consecutive days off, and then one sometime in the midst of the rest of the week, breaking things up.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Split days off were once the bane of my existence. Does not work for the body clock or the social calendar.

wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Meanwhile in Arkansas, they’ll be sleeping at the factories.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had the split, Tuesday-Wednesday, Saturday off. I could've had M-T-W but wanted a weekend day. It was a nice time, especially in this crummy biz!

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That child labor thing is the first step towards free public education being a privilege past the age of 12 or 13.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

wicked, garrow and maumann like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't remember exactly, but my uncle worked some sort of weird swing shift at a place that had to operate 24/7/365.
    He'd work a week of first shift, then get three days off. He'd work a week of second shift, then get four days off. He'd work a week of third shift, then get five days off. Repeat.
    He loved it.
    If the guy who came in after you called in sick, too bad. You were forced over to do his shift. We rearranged many Christmases because of his schedule.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In other news, he may get sex tonight.

garrow likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If this is the case, then why is he trying to resist the subpoena over Jan. 6?

Not an attack at you, HSE, but is he suddenly changing his tune or is he being two-faced?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted