1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

It is what they really mean, and what it's always meant, since the very first red hat.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This is at least the fifth or sixth time I've said this here (not being critical, just saying).

He punishes their enemies. Full stop.

Because he has (the perception of) money, power and absolutely no shame, Donald Trump can say and do the things that, when they do it, get them called a racist, dragged in front of HR, told what they can or can't do on their own land by the local zoning board or state environmental agency; or are made to feel stupid by coastal liberals half their age. Those lack of scruples make him perfect for bullying the people who make them feel stupid.

If I were Ron DeSantis, I would hammer the "Trump can't win" narrative as hard as I could. Because if Trump has no power to punish their enemies, he's useless to them. But that might not work either, because it requires tacking into the wind and attempting to convince stupid, bitter people that they were wrong in the first place.

matt_garth and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The man makes a good point.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Trump’s PAC just started running TV ads here criticizing DeSantis for voting to cut Social Security and Medicare when he was in Congress
    It’s the kind of ad I wish Charlie Crist would have run

6. Jake from State Farm

Vote was 72-25 to expel Jones

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the public's reaction.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about DeSantis. The more the American people get a look at him, the more unelectable he becomes. He's Bill Barr's spawn with a hyena.

9. Jake from State Farm

I guess they don’t believe in freedom of speech in Tennessee

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If what I've read is correct, the county commissioners in Tennessee can just reappoint the three members, and they can't be expelled twice for the same infraction.

So, this is likely a giant waste of time by the GOP. But it's not like they have anything productive planned, other than arming toddlers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A sham trial on Holy Week to get rid of troublemakers for speaking out against those comfortably in power is a little on the nose even for the rocket scientists running the Tennessee General Assembly.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've had MAGGATS tell me with apparent certainty that Fatfuck had a 13-dimensional chess plan behind inviting the Taliban to Camp David: he was going to have them shot as soon as they arrived. In public. On camera. Up against the wall.

Primarly for the extent it would "trigger the libs" worldwide who presume to tell the US what to do. "After that, nobody would EVER fuck with the United States, ever again."

It actually does sound like a plan Fatfuck would love.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted