1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Can we move Mizzou's J-school to a state whose government officials are not sociopathic shitgibbons and actually give a damn about education?

2. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I haven't been back to Missouri since a trooper pulled me over for going 5 mph over the limit and had his drug-sniffing dog go through my car,.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"school choice" — one of the better euphemisms out there

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That question, in fairness to the Unpleasant Huckstress, has been asked of applicants to state boards and commissions of both parties in multiple states.

Big deal. You lie, you get the job, and theoretically you become a mole bigger than John Boy.

More likely, though, you have to be known as a party crony years in advance to get a sniff.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers.

A Fox Corp. shareholder sued Rupert Murdoch, Lachlan Murdoch and several members of the Fox Corp. board of directors in Delaware on Tuesday afternoon, arguing that they violated their fiduciary duty to the company when they allowed Fox News to broadcast election conspiracy theories.
    The derivative action — a kind of lawsuit brought by shareholders who believe they’ve been harmed by the corporation — was brought by a single plaintiff, Robert Schwarz.
    “The Board’s decision to chase viewers by promoting the false stolen election claims has exposed the Company to public ridicule and negatively impacted the credibility of Fox News as a media organization that is supposed to accurately report newsworthy events. The Company is now the subject of two defamation cases, with combined damages claimed to exceed $4 billion,” the lawsuit alleges.

garrow likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes, all of this is true. I said “No small thanks” to imply it was “A” reason not “The” reason. There’s much that goes into not being able to buy. As I should have clarified, one of those reasons is Millennials couldn’t save enough for down payments. When you factor everything else you mention, it’s been impossible without help.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

But I thought that young people don’t vote?

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted