1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I never get included. I guess my sunny personality isn't enough to overcome my bad breath.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course, the individual schools still handle admission, but once the student gets in, yes, they should be able to attend for free.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, even if the Trump administration had turned into FDR circa 1942 I don’t think it was going to rally us past this ingrained habit. It would take (God forbid) another Great Depression.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

There is actually a speculation about whether some of the commercial real estate that is on the default cliff right now (the number of refinancings due this year is huge. ... at higher interest rates now) being converted to residential.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Don’t you know, only the poors use the library

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

My favorite moment of the whole arraignment was when he was walking into the court room . ... one of the court officers was in front of him and he didn't hold the door for Trump.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You get $20k a year public education credit for two years of national service, on top of a salary. That $40K in public education credit would handle at least half, probably 3/4 of education costs at any state school in the country. Everyone who works gets it, rich or poor.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does Will Ripley get bonus pay for surfing nuclear submarines?

[​IMG]

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can’t speak for Manhattan, but we’ve got three fundamental problems in the Bay Area

1) Tech jobs pay way better than anything else and everyone wants to live in close-ish proximity to tech jobs in Silicon Valley. So prime locals end up with bidding wars that an average person can’t win. This forces people two or three hours from jobs.

2) We have a lot of NIMBYs. Suburban areas (those in the extreme north, East and South bays) have open space or space that can be redeveloped into multifamily homes are getting massive pushback. Cities usually allow developers in but there inevitably is someone who its able to get a growth limiting initiative on the ballot.

3) We have an infrastructure crunch. There is the reality there isn’t that much space in most of the Bay Area. Our roads and facilities can only handle so much. Don’t help we have a drought. That plus tech demand means prices are high and we’re just not able to meet the demand.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted