1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Couch things in feelings - which she did - and I suppose anything is possible for all kinds of topics. I’m confident big-city police, for example, were generally (far?) more corrupt and vicious in 1976 than they are now. What difference does it make to the recent atrocity in Memphis? It’s immaterial. What’s wrong is wrong. Reform the police.

Progressives know that well, too - until it comes to city crime. Then it’s to the Google machine with the stats from 89, 92, etc.

Azrael likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They aren’t Real Americans.

garrow likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, I added something similar to my previous post after you quoted it.

Keeping all the riff-raff confined to one part of town does not a safe city make.

It’s like when people come to DC. Ninety-something percent of visitors go to or stay in Northwest, blissfully unaware that there are other quadrants of the city, and parts of those are downright awful.

Or, taking Philly as an example again, I feel safe on parts of Market Street. But as a general rule, if you’re on Market Street and the El is above you (46th and higher), you’re not in a great place. “It’s only unsafe under the El!” is not an argument.

Azrael likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What do these historically declining apples have to do with these apparently increasing oranges?

I beseech you!

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And yet people still believe you’re actually interested in an earnest discussion of the issues. Boggles the mind. You’re repeating the same shit, your same boring “liberals do this” talking points, over and over while pretending it’s some kind of insight.

Fred siegle and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of course not. But until we're willing to deal with what makes those neighborhoods more violent than other neighborhoods, we're stuck.

Historically, we're much safer lately than we have been.

A crime puzzle: Violent crime declines in America

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cruelty, hypocrisy and propaganda is their Ticket To Ride.

maumann likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Alternative facts. Again.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well, Chicago in August, 1968 was a pretty violent place. Because the cops were beating the shit out of everybody.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If we all agree to feel worse in some way, may we go about our day?

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

progressives

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

feelings

Draft saved Draft deleted